Thursday, April 17, 2008

What have you learned from the movie "supersize me"?

In my understanding, the word 'supersize me' means enlarging the size of your body..hmm am I right??(hehehe I am not sure). Anyway the movie that sir had shown us the other day has tought me and made me aware about the bad consequences of fast food for example from KFC, A.Ayam, Ayamku and recently the most popular fast food in Brunei is 'NASI KATOK'! Have you ever realised that 'nasi katok' is also fast food??? Think and ask yourself...
When I wathched that movie, I was so surprised that fast food may lead to very fatal and lethal diseases like hypertension and OBESE! But luckily i am not that kind of person who always eat fast food though. So i don't really have the problem regarding obesity (I think so...). The bad circumstances from eating fast food made me realise that fast food is not good for our body and thus in my opinion we shouldn't eat fast food very often or maybe do not eat fast food at all.
In my point of view, both the government and the citizens themsevlves need to take more responsibility towards their health. This is because if only the government take an action on the health's problem, this may not cause the problem to 'recede' but in fact it may rise up the problem. Therefore both the government and the citizens SHOULD take the responsibility of their health.
Ther are many ways in which the government can do in order to enhance the healthy lives of the citizens. One of the ways is that to reduce the number of fast food restaurants or 'Nasi Katok' stalls (hehehe...) particularly in Brunei. This is because as most fast foods contains more prcentage of unhealthy ingredients which may lead to obesity and other fatal diseases, therefore this action has to be taken. This is to also to make people realise how unhealthy it is to eat less nutritious food.
Next solution is that to hold physical activites or exercises at appropriate places every week. This is because apart from to reduce the chance of every person having a problem in obesity, it also can teach the citizens on how to live in a healthy way. Although in Brunei the population of those who are in obese is not that high but we have to be aware of that problem as Brunei is the 44th position of the fattest country around the world!
The other solution is that to make a new regulation that each person should make a medical check every month and do not eat fast food more that five times annually. Thus can reduce the health problem of the citizens.

No comments: